Monday, January 07, 2008

THE MUSIC SCHOLAR???

J. D. King sent me this link to a phonecall originating from a WFMU broadcast that really has to be heard about five times through to be believed! Dunno who the deejay in question or the caller is, but waddeva this has to be one of the strangest radio phone-ins cum interviews I've ever had the pleasure (I think) of hearing! Thanks be to Mr. King for the link, and whoever it is that called in...please don't try getting in touch with me, cuz I don't think mine heart could take it!!!

6 comments:

Dale Merrill said...

Yeah, that's from the Tom Scharpling show. One of the many colorful characters that has called into his show through the years.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
That radio call-in interview thing is AWESOME!!!!!
I'm literally speechless...

BILL SHUTE

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure this is a prankish call by the drummer from Superchunk. Sorry if that ruins it for anyone. Happy New Year, Phil Donnelly

Christopher Stigliano said...

That's what King said when prodded! Still, it is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hadn't listened to the whole thing when I posted that so I hadn't got to the "punch line" yet. Yeah, I was there too! Ha! P.D.

planckzoo said...

This bit will be released on Just for a Laff, to be put out by your fave label, Matador, this spring. The Just for a Laff stuff is great.